Front Desk Agent
The following are examples of job functions for a Front Desk Agent that demand some level of proficiency with digital tools, devices, and systems:
- Processing guest arrivals and departures and their payments
- Coordinating room assignments and pre-arrivals
- Maintaining an inventory of vacancies, reservations, and room assignments
- Offering referrals for services and handling requests for information
- Assisting with the check-in and check-out of groups
- Managing online and phone reservations
Examples of Digital Tools, Devices and Systems for Front Desk Agent
- Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Hotel Information Management system/Hotel Property Management system for reservations, room assignments, check-ins, etc. including Cloudbeds, RoomKeyPMS, ASI FrontDesk, Opera, etc.
- Guest bookings/reservation/registration system (online and offline booking)
- Guest check-in/check-out system including applicable loyalty/benefit programs
- Payments, cancellations, and refunds processing system (online and offline transactions)
- Room allocation system and rate quoting scenarios (e.g., types of room packages and special programs such as reward, recreation, and weekend programs)
- Reservation procedures, yield management, and quote rates
- Telephone/switchboard system, interface system, security & surveillance system, reader boards, etc.
- Travel planning websites, social media apps, tourism websites, tour operators’ websites, in-house directories, etc.
- Tour booking websites including individual and group travel bookings
- Guest records including daily record sheets, guest accounts, receipts and vouchers, guest mail/packages, etc.
- Guest dashboard & data analytics
- Room and Rate Management system
- Room key system and room key cards
- Personnel Inventory Management system
- Guest Records and Guests Privacy Management system (reservations, payments, etc.)
- Customer service systems
- Shift reports and log books
- Digital communication & collaboration tools for working with customers, staff, vendors, and partners, including email, websites, social media platforms, chatbots, smartphones, etc.
- Policies and procedures as applicable to the use of communication devices (sign-in/sign-out procedures, guidelines for use, email, voice mail procedures & etiquette, etc.)