Dispatch Operations Coordinator
The following are examples of job functions for a Dispatch Operations Coordinator that demand some level of proficiency with digital tools, devices, and systems:
- Coordinating, scheduling, and communicating shipment/routing information to drivers and customers
- Scheduling and/or rescheduling delivery appointments
- Maintaining customer profile information
- Investigating product overage, shortage, and damage
- Keeping accurate records and preparing required documentation
Examples of Digital Tools, Devices and Systems for Dispatch Operations Coordinator
- Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment including real-time weather systems
- Loadboard systems such as Load link to source and book loads
- Customised fleet management/transportation management systems and/or dispatch trucking software to:
- monitor and track driver daily logs
- enter and update order info
- create schedules
- process invoices
- set up pick up and delivery appointments
- perform GPS tracking in real-time
- send coordinated messaging between all relevant parties
- perform digital ticketing, order delivery-tracking, and cycle time analysis
- work remotely using mobile applications, etc.
- Applications and communication devices to receive and relay information with drivers
- Internet research and online digital content review and analysis including:
- reading instructions for securing loads, tie-down procedures, border-crossing handbooks, regulations for dangerous goods, etc.
- to download forms, etc.
- Digital communication & collaboration tools including email, websites, smartphones, etc.
- Policies and procedures as applicable to the use of communication devices (sign-in/sign-out procedures, guidelines for use, email, voice mail, radio procedures and etiquette, etc.)